Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

READ THE PREVIOUS ENTRY BEFORE THIS ONE!

 Okay, I gave you a chance to answer some of the questions I asked yesterday... now time for what I think!  Feel free to argue (POLITELY) if you disagree with me on any of this...
  1. Who are you?
    1. I am Tyler Nicole Henke, co-heirs with Christ Jesus, and daughter of God.
  2. Where did the world come from?
    1. The world came from God's Hand.
  3. Why do humans, as they grow older, loose the sense of wonder they had as children?
    1. As we grow older, things that we have wondered about previously, like the fact that an airplane can fly or a dog can bark, become commonplace, and cease to amaze us as we see them more often.
  4. Do you still wonder?  Why or why not?
    1. I wonder at some things.  I wonder at the fact that God's perfect Son could come to Earth and live a life with sinners, then die for those sinners.  At the same time, I wonder at how erasers work.  I wonder about many things in between.
  5. Why is Lego the most ingenious toy in the world?
    1. It is virtually indestructible.  You can't break a Lego, and you can build and rebuild things over and over again, take them apart, and build something else.
  6. Do you believe that there is a minimal part of which nature exists?
    1. Maybe...
  7. Do humans have souls?  Why or why not?
    1. Yes, humans have souls.  God created humans in His image, which means that we have a physical body and a soul.
  8. Do you believe in fate?
    1. To a certain extent; I believe that God knows what is going to happen, but we are the ones who make the choices leading up to that.
  9. What forces govern the course of history?
    1. Men.  I think that men govern the course of history - or at least, men determine what others know about history.  Men write it down - not women, for the most part.  I think it would be really interesting to read some of the ancient history form a woman's perspective...
  10. Is sickness a punishment for some bad deed or deeds?
    1. No. Sickness is a natural part of life.  
  11. Socrates believed that if people know what is right, they will do what is right.  Do you agree?  Why or why not?
    1. I do not agree, because people know that stealing cookies from the cookie jar is wrong, but it doesn't mean that they won't do it.   
  12. How can a baker bake fifty absolutely identical cookies?
    1. I don't think it's possible - even though they all came from the same place (one cookie mold) one cookie could have more chocolate chips, one could have more sugar... 
  13. Why do all horses look the same?
    1. Because they are horses.  A horse doesn't look like a pig.  It looks like a horse.  You can tell that a horse is a horse because it is a horse, and it looks like a horse... does that make any sense?
  14. Do humans have an immortal soul?
    1. Yes.  Your soul will live on after your body dies; where it lives is totally up to you.
  15. Are men and women equally sensible?
    1. I think that women are a bit more sensible than men in some issues.  A woman would have no sense when deciding whether or not to buy the Cookie Dough Ice Cream that just went on sale.  However, and man wouldn't have much sense in front of a football game.
  16. Is right and wrong something absolute or does it change with location, culture, and time period?  Why or why not?
    1. Some things do, but some don't.  For example, it's never alright to kill someone.  It's never alright to steal.  But in some cultures, it is perfectly fine to use explicit language.  I think it just depends on the situation.
  17. Are we born with innate ideas?
    1. I think not.  When we are born, we don't have the idea of a horse in out heads.  We don't know what a horse looks like, nor do we know what a horse is...  
  18. What is the difference between plant, animal, and human?
    1. Plants need food and water to thrive, but don't have instincts, don't know the difference between right and wrong, and they can't get up and move around.  Animals need food and water to survive, have instincts, and can get up and move around, but I don't think they know the difference between right and wrong.  Humans need food and water to live, have instincts, know the difference between right and wrong, and can get up and move around.
  19. Why does it rain?
    1. Well, scientifically speaking, it rains because of the water cycle.  But I believe that everything has a purpose, so if rain weren't needed, it wouldn't rain.  I think that God makes it rain so that He can provide for the needs of His creations.  He just provided us with a scientific explanation.
  20. What does it take to have a good life?
    1. I don't think we can really live a good life...  We are human.  Therefore, we sin.  Because we sin, our lives are stained.  So, we can't live a good life if our lives are dirty...

2 comments:

  1. My Dear Daddyscowgirl94! How I love to read your thoughts! They are profound, and you express them eloquently. I have pondered all your questions since you blogged them, but wasn't yet able to put my opinions into words. I'll just say what you said - on every point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you saying that Grandpa had an answer to every question - I would definitely like to see them, if he still remembers, and if you wouldn't mind posting them...

    ReplyDelete