Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hey everyone...

     Hi!! Well, I 'm new, but I guess I'll just throw myself in, and see what happens =)
     I really don't know where to start...
     I don't think this is going to be very long.  I'll probably ramble unintelligibly for a while, then see what happens..... hmm..... well, I love Jesus Christ.  I guess I can use this blog to share in my relationship with Him.  If I realize something about my Christian life, I can always post it here.  I know I would love to share my epiphanies with anyone who will listen.........

     Well, right now I am reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  It is a really good book, and though I am not finished with it, I can say that so far, it has definitely opened my eyes to the love of God.  It made me realize that when we pray, we are coming before God Himself.  We are presenting ourselves to this mighty God, who created the universe.  Think about that sentence.  The God we worship is the same God who created the universe.  Does that sound bizarre you?  If it doesn't, then try to picture the entire universe.  I promise there is a point to the following paragraph.  
     The Earth is billions of miles away from the sun.  If you're looking at the Earth from the sun, you can barely see it.  Okay, if you are inside the Milky Way, you can't recognize our sun from the dozens of other suns and stars around it.  If you are outside the Milky Way, you can't even see that cluster of stars.  At ten million light-years away from our Earth, you can just only see the Milky Way, nestled among several other galaxies.  When we get to a hundred million light-years away from the Earth, you can't see the Milky Way.  You can't see the other galaxies beside it.  
      Okay, if you can't really imagine that from just reading it, I got that from Francis Chan, and the video on  www.crazylovebook.com,  explains what I am talking about.  Go watch that little three minute video before reading on, just to get the jist of what I am saying...

     Crazy, right?  I mean, that is huge!!!!  And there is MORE!!!! 
     Okay, this isn't an astronomy lesson.  I promised you that I had a point when I was rambling.  Just think:  God made all of what I just saw.  I am talking about that God.  Okay, whenever we pray, we go to that God, the God who created all of that.  We are presenting ourselves to this mighty God who created the universe (yeah, I am being kind of repetitive, but I am trying to get this point across.).  I mean, what do you think about when you pray?  Do you have any respect when you pray to the God that created you?  If you don't, then watch that video again. When I watched that video, I felt... well, I was speechless.  I saw God in a whole new light.  I was kind of afraid to pray... I mean, not like "Oh, my gosh, this God is going to strike me down if I bother Him, I am SO afraid," but more like I was about to walk up to the emperor of ancient Rome, or the king of Mycenae, and ask him if I could have a new bike.  I mean, you don't just walk up to one of these guys and start a regular conversation, right?  You would have bowed, and spoke with the utmost reverence, and as much respect as was humanly possible.  
     Shouldn't you do the same - even more - when you approach God?  I mean, God has done more than any of the greatest world leaders of all time!!  Doesn't He deserve even more respect?  If you were to walk up to any of the leaders mentioned before, and tried to have a friendly conversation with him, the guy probably wouldn't have listened.  I mean, he would have had much more important things to do than talk to some kid, right?
     But the wacky, insane, unbelievable thing is that God, who is greater than any man could ever hope to be, wants you to talk to Him!  About everything!!!! He wants to have a relationship with you, so much that He sent His Son, to suffer on the cross, and die. in the most humiliating, painful way possible, so that He could be with us, a world full of sinners that don't deserve His love or His time, for all eternity.  Just thinking that anyone could love us so much is mind-boggling, don't you agree?



     Yeah, I was kind of all over the place, wasn't I..... That's probably going to be the way most of these things are done... I am SUPER ADD, and I can't keep a straight line of thought to save my life.  =)

Well, I should probably go.... 
God bless!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I've read all of your blogs and that you have a very mature perspective of things. I am very proud that you are part of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! That means SO much to me!!!

    ReplyDelete