Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm not dead... really!

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it's been so long since I've been on! Ten months, wow!
Well, I've definitely got a lot to talk about! Let's see where I should begin...
Well, I'm in driving school right now. WHICH REMINDS ME! I've got a story from that!
Okay, so I had my first driving session at Max Maxwell's. The class is at the AgriCenter, so that's where we meet up. My instructor, who is a Memphis Police Officer, loves writing us "moving citations" while he's in the car with us (they are completely hypothetical). In fact, during the past seven years, less that 10 students have gotten out of his car with zero moving citations. On my first driver's test, I drove from Harbor Town (Downtown Memphis, by the River) to the AgriCenter. I was on Union, Summer, North Parkway, and Whitestation during 5:00 rush hour. I did fine the whole time- the maneuvers I had to perform included: switching lanes, driving with a "flat tire", parking, and taking an S-curve at 40 mph, among others. I didn't get a single citation while on the road. I was starting to get a little excited- would I really be one of less than ten students to not get a single citation from this man?- when I turned into the AgriCenter. The speed limit at the AgriCenter is 20 mph. I'm going 24. First citation. Then, the lanes went from two to one, which meant I had to merge. I didn't signal. Second citation. Then, the officer got out and adjusted one of the cones, to make my parking a little more challenging. When he got back in, I didn't have him put his seat belt on. Third citation. I made it from Harbor Town to the AgriCenter during rush-hour traffic without a single "citation", but as soon as I pulled into the AgriCenter, I made my first mistake.
I think the lesson here, children, is that until you are parked and out of the car, do not let your guard down.
Most car crashes take place within one mile of home. Did you know that? Well, I can believe it.

So, yeah, that's my biggest story so far... I'll probably have more later.

Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment